About White Chickpea Salad:
This easy chickpea salad known as chana salad or garbanzo beans salad is a healthy and nutritious packed salad. It is made with freshly chopped vegetables and herbs. This healthy salad recipe can be served at lunch time or at snacks time. White chickpeas are plant- based protein. It is a good source of protein for vegetarian. It is good for weight loss.
Benefits of White Chickpeas:
- It prevents spike in blood sugar levels.
- Chickpeas are high in fiber, so it keeps you fill fuller for long time.
- Chickpeas are rich in protein.
- Chickpeas are rich in folate, vitamin B9, magnesium, and zinc.
- Chickpeas are good for bone health, heart health, and mental health.
- Chickpeas are good for weight loss.
- Chickpeas are good for digestion.
- It prevents high blood pressure.
- 1 cup of boiled white chickpeas.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- 1 medium size tomato finely chopped.
- Finely chopped green chilies to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala (optional).
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or as required.
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- Roasted cumin seed powder (optional).
- 1 medium sized cucumber finely chopped.
- Black pepper powder to taste.
- Some finely chopped mint leaves.
- 1 small carrot grated.
- 1 small capsicum finely chopped.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on for how many people you are making for. You may add any vegetables of your choice.
Preparation of White Chickpea Salad:
- Take a mixing bowl and add boiled white chickpeas.
- Now add chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, grated carrot, finely green chilies to taste and mix them well.
- Now seasoned the salad with salt to taste, roasted cumin seed powder, chat masala, lemon juice, and black pepper powder to taste and mix them well.
- Now add some finely chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves and toss them well.
- You can serve this immediately or you can keep the salad in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes and then serve chilled.
- You can serve this salad at lunch time or at snack time.