About Veg Hakka Noodles:
Hakka noodles is a famous Indo-Chinese dish. Hakka Noodles are basically stir-fried noodles with veggies and sauces. This quick and easy to make Chinese noodle dish is perfect for snack or main course. It is very popular in Indian restaurants and in street stalls. It is usually eaten on its own or with sauces and Manchurians. Hakka noodles is originated from the Chinese population. Hakka noodles are thin, flat noodles made from unleavened dough made with rice or wheat flour. To cook these noodles, you have to boil them in boiling water, cook al-dente, drain out the water and then stir fry the noodles with veggies and sauces.
- 1 packet hakka noodles (approximately 200 gm).
- 2-3 tablespoons of sesame oil or any kind of cooking oil.
- 1 medium sized onion thinly sliced.
- 1 medium sized carrot washed, peeled, and cut into julienne.
- Some French beans finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized capsicum known as bell pepper cut into julienne.
- 1/4th cup shredded cabbage.
- Finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic.
- 1/2-inch ginger finely chopped.
- Some chopped spring onion.
- 1-1/2 teaspoon soya sauce.
- 1 teaspoon chilli vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon chilli sauce.
- Salt to taste.
- Water as required to boil the noodles.
- 1/2 teaspoon black peeper powder or to taste.
Boiling of Noodles:
- Take a deep heavy bottom pan and add water as required to boil the noodles.
- Then, turn on the flame and let the water come to a boil.
- Then, add salt to taste and 1 teaspoon cooking oil and mix well.
- Then, add noodles and mix well.
- Cook the noodles until its 80-90% cooked.
- Then, drain the noodles into a colander and rinse under running water.
- Then, add 1 teaspoon of oil and mix well to prevent sticking.
Method of Making Hakka Noodles:
- Take a woke or a pan and turn on the flame.
- When pan is hot, add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and heat the oil on a high flame.
- When oil is hot, add minced garlic and finely chopped ginger and saute them on a high flame for 20-30 seconds.
- Then, add thinly sliced onions and finely chopped green chillies to taste and saute them on a high flame until onion turns translucent.
- Then, add all chopped vegetables and saute them on a high flame for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are partially cooked, yet remain crunchy.
- Then, add boiled noodles, salt to taste, soya sauce, chilli sauce, chilli vinegar, and black pepper powder and toss them well and fry on a high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add some finely chopped spring onions and mix well.
- Then, turn off the flame and remove the hakka noodles into a serving bowl.
- Serve this hot with any kind sauce or Manchurian of your choice.