About Capsicum Aur Aloo Ki Sabji:
This is a simple and delicious Indian vegetarian recipe made with capsicum and potato with tomatoes and powdered spices. Its healthy and very delicious. It goes well with roti, paratha, or with rice as a side dish. Shimla Mirch known as capsicum or as bell pepper is widely grown in India. Capsicums are rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Capsicum is good for hair, skin, and eyes. Capsicum reliefs muscles spasms, osteoarthritis, and stomach problems. Capsicum is good for women who are undergoing menopause. Capsicum has anti-cancer properties. It is rich in vitamins, mineral, and fibers. It helps in weight loss.
Watch Video Tutorial In Hindi:
- 2 medium sized potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into cubes.
- 2 medium sized green capsicum washed and chopped.
- 2 medium sized onions finely chopped.
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped or pureed.
- 4-5 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon hing (asafoetida).
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1 tablespoon garlic ginger paste.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves).
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Salt to taste.
Method of Making Shimla Mirch Aur Aloo Ki Sabji:
- Take a kadai and turn on the flame.
- When kadai is hot add 4-5 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When oil is hot, add potatoes cut into cubes and mix them well.
- Now fry the potatoes on a medium to high flame until potatoes are light golden brown in colour.
- Now remove the potatoes and keep aside for later use.
- Now in the remaining oil, we will make masala for the sabji.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon hing and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds and let the cumin seeds to splutter.
- Now add finely chopped onions and mix them well.
- Now saute the onion on a medium to high flame until onion turns light golden brown in colour.
- Now add 1 tablespoon garlic ginger paste and mix well.
- Now cook the garlic ginger paste on a low to medium flame for 1-2 minutes or until the raw flavour of the garlic ginger is gone.
- Now add tomato puree, salt to taste and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook the tomato puree on a low to medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until tomato puree is well cooked.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder or to taste, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, and 1 teaspoon cumin powder and mix them well.
- Now add 1 teaspoon kasuri methi and mix well.
- Now cook the masala on a low to medium flame for 5-7 minutes or until oil gets separated from the masala.
- Now add fried potatoes and mix well.
- Now cover the lid and cook the potatoes on a low to medium flame for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add chopped capsicum and mix well.
- Now cover the lid and cook the vegetables on a low to medium flame until vegetables are well cooked and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and some finely chopped coriander leaves and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Now turn off the flame and remove the sabji into a serving bowl.
- Serve this hot with roti, paratha, or with rice.