About Patta Gobhi and Aloo Ki Sabzi:
Patta Gobhi and Aloo ki sabzi is an easy Indian recipe. It is healthy and easy to make with some Indian spices and herbs. In India, almost all the households make this sabzi and serves with roti, paratha, and rice. Cabbage is a leafy vegetable packed with nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, and mineral. It helps in weight loss.
Watch Video Tutorial In Hindi:
- 3-4 tablespoons of mustard oil or any kind of cooking oil of your choice.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- 2 green cardamoms.
- 1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder or to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
- 1 medium sized cabbage finely chopped (approximately 300-400 grams).
- 1 large potato washed, peeled and cut into cubes.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped.
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves.
Method of Making Patta Gobhi and Aloo Ki Sabzi:
- Take a kadai and turn on the flame.
- When kadai is hot, add 3-4 tablespoons of mustard oil or any kind of cooking oil of your choice (You may increase or decrease the oil quantity).
- When oil is hot, add 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick and 2-3 cardamoms and saute them for 10 seconds.
- Now add finely chopped onions and mix them well.
- Fry the onion on a medium to high flame until its light golden brown in colour.
- Now add 1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste and mix them well.
- Now cook the garlic and ginger paste on a low to medium flame for 1-2 minutes or until the raw flavour of the garlic and ginger is gone.
- Now add all powdered spices like turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder and mix them.
- Now cook all the spices on a low flame for 10-20 seconds.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes and salt to taste and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook the tomatoes on a low to medium flame until its soft and mushy. Stir occasionally.
- When tomatoes are soft, remove the lid and cook the masala without covering the lid for 3-4 minutes or until oil gets separated from the masala.
- Now add finely chopped cabbage and mix them well.
- Now add potatoes cut into cubes and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook all the vegetables on a low to medium flame until they are well cooked and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook them for 2-3 minutes more.
- Now add some finely chopped coriander leaves and mix them well.
- Now turn off the flame and remove the sabzi into a serving bowl.
- You can serve this sabzi with roti, paratha, or with rice as a side dish.