About Mixed Vegetable Salad:
A mixed vegetable salad is made with various kind of cooked or uncooked vegetables and dressed with olive oil, salt, lemon juice and black pepper powder. Its very easy to make with minimum ingredients. It is healthy, tasty, and delicious. It helps in weight loss.
Health Benefits of Vegetables:
- Fiber rich.
- Packed with nutrition.
- Helps in weight management.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Good for digestion.
- Good for eyes, hairs, and skin.
- Boosts immune system.
- Strengthens the muscles.
- 1 cup red or white cabbage chopped into bite size.
- 1 medium sized chopped cucumber.
- 1 carrot chopped.
- 1 medium sized chopped tomato.
- 1 medium sized chopped onion.
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Finely chopped lettuce leaves as needed.
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped.
- 1/2 cup steamed or boiled French beans.
- 1/2 cup steamed or boiled broccoli flowerets.
- 1 cup baby spinach.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper powder to taste.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on for how many people you are making for and you may use any vegetables of your choice.
Making of Mixed Vegetable Salad:
- Take a mixing bowl and all chopped vegetables and steamed or boiled vegetables, baby spinach and coriander leaves.
- For dressing take a small bowl and add olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper powder, and salt to taste and mix them well.
- Pour this dressing over all the vegetables and toss them well.
- Serve this immediately or cover and store in the fridge for up 1 hour and serve chilled.