About Kidney Bean Salad:
This kidney bean salad is a very healthy salad to begin your day with. Even this can be enjoyed at any time like during lunch, dinner, or at snacks time. This salad is made with boiled kidney beans known as rajma, fresh vegetables, lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper powder.
Benefits of Kidney Beans (Rajma):
- Rich in protein.
- Good for digestion.
- Maintains blood sugar level.
- High in essential minerals.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Helps in weight loss.
- High in fiber.
- 1 cup boiled kidney beans (Rajma).
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized cucumber finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized green capsicum finely chopped.
- A handful of baby spinach.
- 1/4th cup boiled sweet corn.
- Finely chopped green chilies to taste (optional).
- Handful of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper powder to taste.
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic.
Method of Making Kidney Bean Salad:
- Take a mixing bowl and add boiled kidney beans (rajma), chopped cucumber, onion, tomatoes, chopped green chilies, chopped capsicum, boiled sweet corn, baby spinach, and chopped coriander leaves and keep aside.
- Now for dressing, take a small bowl and add lemon juice/vinegar, olive oil, salt to taste, black pepper powder to taste, and minced garlic and mix them well.
- Now pour this dressing over chopped vegetables and kidney beans and combined them well.
- Now your healthy kidney bean salad is ready to serve.