What is Kala Chana Salad:
Kala chana (Black Chickpea) is a nutrition packed legume. Black Chickpea Salad made with boiled black chickpeas, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, or any kind of raw green vegetables. This salad has lot of fibers, vitamins, and carbohydrates and it helps in weight loss. This salad can be enjoyed at breakfast, lunch, dinner, or at snack time.
Watch Video Tutorial In Hindi:
- ½ cup boiled black chickpeas.
- 1 boiled potato cut in small cubes.
- 1 cucumber finely chopped.
- 1 tomato finely chopped.
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- Some finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- Some roasted ground nuts (optional).
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder.
- 1/2 lemon juice.
Method of Making Salad:
- First, take a mixing bowl and then add on the boiled black chickpeas, boiled potato, finely chopped cucumber, tomatoes, onion, green chillies to taste, and some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Now, add on some roasted ground nuts (optional), salt to taste, roasted cumin powder, and lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now, your healthy black chickpea salad is ready to serve.
- You can serve the salad as it is or you can keep in the fridge for 1 hour and serve chilled.
Note: You can add any vegetable of your choice and you may decrease or increase the quantity of ingredients depending on for how many people you are making for.