About Gajar Ka Halwa:
Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is carrot-based sweet dessert. Gajar ka halwa is an Indian carrot pudding made with grated carrot, sugar, milk, ghee, cardamom powder, khoya, and dry nuts. Gajar ka halwa is a very delicious North Indian dessert. In the winter, people in North India love to eat Gajar ka halwa. People even prepare it during Diwali or any other special occasions in India.
Benefits of Carrot:
- Good for eye health.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Boost immunity.
- High in fiber.
- Maintains good digestive health.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Good for skin and hair.
- Fights cholesterol and boosts heart health.
Watch Video Tutorial In Hindi:
- 1 kg carrot washed, peeled, and grated.
- 2-3 tablespoons of ghee.
- 250 mL milk.
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Some finely chopped almond, cashews, and pistachio.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on for how many people you are making for.
Method of Making Gajar Ka Halwa/Carrot Halwa:
- Take a deep heavy bottom pan and turn on the heat.
- When pan is hot, add 2-3 tablespoons of ghee.
- When ghee is hot, add grated carrot and mix well.
- Now saute the carrot on a medium flame for at least 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add milk and mix well.
- Now cover the lid and cook the carrot on a low flame for at least 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add sugar to taste and mix well.
- Now cover the lid and cook the carrot on a medium flame for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add chopped dry nuts and cardamom powder and mix them well.
- Now without covering the lid, cook the carrot on a high flame for 5-6 minutes. Stir continuously.
- Now your tasty Gajar ka Halwa/Carrot Halwa is ready.
- Now turn off the flame and remove the Gajar ka Halwa into a serving bowl.
- You can serve this this hot or cold as you like.