About Beans and Aloo Ki Sabzi:
Beans and aloo ki sabzi is an easy and delicious Indian recipe that goes well with roti, rice, and paratha. French bean is the most popular and widely grown in India. French beans are great source of vitamins and fibers. It helps in weight loss.
Watch Video Tutorial in Hindi:
- 250 grams of French beans washed and chopped.
- 2 medium sized potatoes peeled, washed, and cut into cubes.
- 1 medium sized onion chopped.
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped.
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic and ginger.
- Finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1 pinch of hing (asafoetida).
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Salt to taste.
- Red chilli powder to taste.
- Some chopped coriander leaves.
Method of Making Beans and Aloo Ki Sabzi:
- Take a pan and heat 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil of your choice.
- When oil is hot, add hing and cumin seeds and let the cumin seeds to splutter.
- Now add 1 tablespoon crushed garlic and ginger and finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- Cook them on a low to medium flame for 1-2 minutes or until the raw smell of the garlic and ginger gone.
- Now add finely chopped onions and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Now add chopped beans, potatoes cut into cubes, and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook them on a low to medium flame until beans and potatoes are 50-60% cooked. Stir occasionally so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Now add finely chopped tomatoes, salt to taste, coriander powder, and cumin powder.
- Mix them well and cover the lid and cook the vegetables on a low to medium heat until they are well cooked and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Now add 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix them well and cover the lid and cook them for 5 minutes more on a medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- Now beans and aloo ki sabzi is ready.
- Switch off the heat and remove the sabzi into a serving bowl.
- Serve the sabzi hot with roti, chapati, paratha, or with rice as a side dish.