About Egg Bhurji:
Egg bhurji known as anda bhurji in Hindi is an Indian version of scrambled egg made with Indian spices. This egg bhurji needs very minimal ingredients that are easily available in your house. This is a beginner’s recipe which can be made within 10-15 minutes. In India, people used to serve this egg bhurji with roti, paratha, Pav, bread, or with rice.
Benefits of Eggs:
- Eggs are nutrient rich.
- Eggs are high in protein.
- Eggs are good source of Omega-3.
- Eggs are filling and helps in weight loss.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized capsicum finely chopped (optional).
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
- Finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Salt to taste.
Method of Making Egg Bhurji/Anda Bhurji:
- Break the eggs to a bowl, whisk them well, and keep aside.
- Now take a pan and turn on the flame.
- When pan is hot, add 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When oil is hot, add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Then, add finely chopped onions and finely chopped green chillies to taste and mix well and saute the onions on a medium to high flame until onions are translucent.
- Then, add finely chopped tomatoes, finely chopped capsicum, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt to taste and mix them well.
- Cook the tomatoes on a low to medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Stir occasionally.
- Then, add the whisked eggs and scramble the eggs.
- Cook the eggs on a low to medium flame for 4-5 minutes or until eggs are well cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Then, add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Then, turn off the flame and remove the bhurji into a serving bowl.
- Serve this bhurji hot with roti, paratha, rice, bread, or with Pav.