About Beans Aloo Fry:
Aloo Beans Fry is a spiced, flavourful, and tasty dish made with French beans and potatoes. It is easy to make. This recipe is made with minimum ingredients and it tastes very good. This is a vegetarian recipe. It can be served with roti, paratha, or with rice as a side dish. French bean is a green vegetable that is widely grown in India. French beans are good source of vitamins, minerals, fibers, and folate. Potatoes are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibers, and antioxidants.
Watch Video Tutorial In Hindi:
- 200 grams of French beans washed and chopped.
- 2 medium sized potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into small cubes.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- Finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- 2 whole dry red chillies.
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder or to taste.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1/4th teaspoon garam masala.
- Salt to taste.
- 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil (you may increase or decrease the oil quantity).
Method of Making Beans Aloo Fry:
- Take a kadai and turn on the flame.
- When Kadai is hot, add 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When oil is hot, add 2 dry red chillies break into halves, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add finely chopped onions and green chillies to taste and mix them well.
- Now saute them on a medium to high flame until onion turns translucent.
- Now add finely chopped French beans and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook the beans on a low to medium flame for 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add potatoes cut into small cubes and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook all the vegetables on a low to medium flame until vegetables are 90% cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Now add salt to taste and all powdered spices like red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala and mix them well.
- Now without covering the lid cook all the vegetables on a low flame until vegetables are well cooked and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Now turn off the flame and remove the beans aloo fry into a serving bowl.
- Serve this hot with rice, roti, or with paratha.